Don Day Wyoming Weather Forecast: Thursday, June 15, 2023

Cold front pushing thru next two days. Showers and thunderstorms with cool temps. Flooding concerns. Warmer/drier trend beginning Sunday. Monsoons.

WC
Wendy Corr

June 15, 20237 min read

Daycap 6 15 23
Watch on YouTube

It’s Thursday, June 15 – and much of the central part of the Cowboy State is under a flood watch through late Friday afternoon. An incoming system of widespread, slow-moving thunderstorms will bring moderate to heavy rainfall to much of the area, especially east of the Continental Divide, and persist occasionally through Friday afternoon. Flooding is possible in areas due to saturated soils.

Central:

Mostly cloudy in Casper today, with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after noon, and a high near 67. Increasing clouds today in Lander, with scattered showers before noon, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm in the afternoon, and a high near 66. Partly sunny today in Shoshoni, with isolated showers before noon, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm in the afternoon, and a high near 72. 

Overnight, Casper can expect showers and possibly a thunderstorm, with a low around 49. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm are expected overnight in Lander, with a low around 46. Shoshoni can expect showers and possibly a thunderstorm tonight, with a low around 48. 

Southwest

Mostly cloudy today in Evanston, with showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm, and a high near 59. Mostly cloudy in Green River today, with showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm, and a high near 65. Partly sunny today in Kemmerer, with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, and a high near 62. 

Partly cloudy tonight in Evanston, with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms, and a low around 37. Mostly cloudy overnight in Green River, with scattered showers and thunderstorms, and a low around 43. Partly cloudy in Kemmerer tonight, with isolated showers and thunderstorms, and a low around 39. 

Western Wyoming:

Partly sunny today in Pinedale, with isolated showers, then scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, and a high near 61. Mostly sunny in Afton today, with isolated showers in the late afternoon, and a high near 64. Partly sunny today in La Barge, with scattered showers, and thunderstorms also possible after noon, with a high near 65. 

Pinedale can expect scattered showers and thunderstorms overnight, with a low around 37. Partly cloudy tonight in Afton, with scattered showers in the early morning, and a low around 38. Partly cloudy overnight in La Barge, with scattered showers and thunderstorms, and a low around 39. 

Northwest:

Mostly sunny today in Jackson, with isolated showers in the late afternoon, and a high near 65. Partly sunny in Dubois today, with scattered showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm in the late afternoon, and a high near 62. Mostly sunny in Yellowstone National Park today, with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, and a high near 64. 

Partly cloudy overnight in Jackson, with scattered showers and thunderstorms, and a low around 37. Dubois can expect showers and possibly a thunderstorm overnight, with a low around 40. Partly cloudy tonight in Yellowstone, with scattered showers and thunderstorms, and a low around 43. 

Bighorn Basin:

Partly sunny and breezy in Cody today, with isolated showers, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon, and a high near 66; winds could gust as high as 22 mph. Partly sunny and breezy today in Greybull, with isolated showers, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after noon, and a high near 73; winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Increasing clouds in Thermopolis today, with isolated showers before noon, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm in the afternoon, and a high near 72. 

Mostly cloudy and breezy overnight in Cody, with showers and thunderstorms likely, and a low around 48; winds could gust as high as 22 mph. Showers and thunderstorms are likely in Greybull overnight, with a low around 51; breezy, with winds gusting as high as 25 mph. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm are expected tonight in Thermopolis, with a low around 49. 

North Central:

Partly sunny in Sheridan today, with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, and a high near 68. Partly sunny and breezy today in Buffalo, with scattered showers and thunderstorms, and a high near 64, with wind gusts as high as 23 mph. Partly sunny in Story today, with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, and a high near 62. 

Mostly cloudy overnight in Sheridan, with a chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after midnight, and a low around 49. Mostly cloudy and breezy tonight in Buffalo, with showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm, and a low around 49; winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm overnight in Story, with a low around 45. 

Northeast:

Mostly cloudy and breezy today in Sundance, with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after noon, and a high near 65. Mostly cloudy in Hulett today, with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, and a high near 70. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms today in Gillette, with a high near 66; breezy, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

There’s a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight in Sundance, with a low around 48. Mostly cloudy tonight in Hulett, with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, and a low around 46. Mostly cloudy and breezy today in Gillette, with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, and a low around 48; winds could gust as high as 24 mph.

Eastern Plains:

Lusk can expect showers and possibly a thunderstorm after noon today, with a high near 68. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm are expected after noon today in Torrington, with a high near 74. Mostly cloudy and breezy today in Kaycee, with scattered showers and thunderstorms, and a high near 66; winds could gust as high as 20 mph. 

Showers and thunderstorms are likely overnight in Lusk, with a low around 47. Torrington can expect showers and possibly a thunderstorm tonight, with a low around 50. Showers are likely and possibly a thunderstorm overnight in Kaycee, with a low around 49; breezy, with gusts as high as 23 mph. 

Southeast:

There’s a chance of showers and thunderstorms today in Laramie, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm in the afternoon, with a high near 64. Cheyenne has a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms this morning, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm, with a high near 68. Showers are expected today in Pine Bluffs, and possibly a thunderstorm in the afternoon, with a high near 72. 

Laramie can expect showers and possibly a thunderstorm overnight, with a low around 44. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm are expected overnight in Cheyenne, with a low around 47. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm tonight in Pine Bluffs, with a low around 49. 

South Central:

There’s a chance of showers and thunderstorms this morning in Saratoga, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after noon, with a high near 63. Rawlins has a chance of showers today, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after noon, with a high near 65. Showers and thunderstorms are likely today in Wamsutter, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm in the afternoon, with a high near 62. 

Showers and thunderstorms are likely overnight in Saratoga, with a low around 41. Showers are likely and possibly a thunderstorm overnight in Rawlins, with a low around 44. Showers are likely and possibly a thunderstorm tonight in Wamsutter, with a low around 43.

Share this article

Authors

WC

Wendy Corr

Features Reporter