Don Day Wyoming Weather Forecast: Friday, March 3, 2023

in Don Day

By Wendy Corr, Cowboy State Daily

It’s Friday, March 3 – and while winds are picking up in parts of the state, snow is expected in others. Light to moderate snow will spread east of the Divide.

Central:

Mostly sunny in Riverton today, with a high near 27 and wind chill values as low as -5; breezy, with gusts as high as 31 mph. There’s a slight chance of snow today in Casper, otherwise partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 34 and wind gusts as high as 31 mph. Mostly sunny today in Shoshoni, with a high near 21 and wind chill values as low as -15. 

Mostly clear overnight in Riverton, with a low around -7 and wind chill values as low as -20; breezy, with gusts as high as 21 mph. There’s a 40 percent chance of snow in Casper tonight (less than half an inch possible), then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 15; winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Mostly clear tonight in Shoshoni, with a low around -10 and wind chill values as low as -20. 

Southwest:

There’s a 30 percent chance of snow in Evanston today, with a high near 24 and wind chill values as low as 2; new snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Snow is likely in Rock Springs today (less than half an inch possible), otherwise partly sunny and windy, with a high near 28; winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Snow is likely today in Cokeville (less than half an inch expected), with a high near 16 and wind chill values as low as -5; blustery, with gusts as high as 24 mph. 

Increasing clouds overnight in Evanston, with a low around 0 and wind chill values as low as -8. Partly cloudy and breezy tonight in Rock Springs, with a low around 3 and wind chill values as low as -5; winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Mostly cloudy and cold in Cokeville tonight, with a low around -11 and wind chill values as low as -25. 

Western Wyoming:

There’s a 30 percent chance of snow in Pinedale this morning, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 17 and wind chill values as low as -5; breezy, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Less than an inch of new snow is expected in Thayne this morning, with a high near 23; breezy, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Big Piney can expect patchy blowing snow this afternoon, gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 16 and wind chill values as low as -10; breezy, with gusts as high as 31 mph.

Partly cloudy and cold in Pinedale overnight, with a low around -9 and wind chill values as low as -15. There’s a 30 percent chance of snow tonight in Thayne, with a low around -1 and wind chill values as low as -15. Partly cloudy and cold overnight in Big Piney, with a low around -15 and wind chill values as low as -25. 

Northwest:

Snow is likely in Jackson today (less than an inch expected), with a high near 21 and wind chill values as low as zero; breezy, with gusts as high as 26 mph. There’s a 50 percent chance of snow this afternoon in Dubois, otherwise partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 26 and wind gusts as high as 34 mph; new snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. 1 to 2 inches of snow is expected at Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park today, with a high near 21 and wind chill values as low as zero; breezy, with gusts as high as 24 mph. 

There’s a 20 percent chance of snow in Jackson tonight, with a low around -4 and wind chill values as low as -15; breezy, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Partly cloudy overnight in Dubois, with a low around 4 and wind chill values as low as -10; breezy, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Old Faithful has a 50 percent chance of snow overnight, with a low around -2 and wind chill values as low as -15; new snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Bighorn Basin:

There’s a chance of snow this afternoon in Worland, with a high near 29 and wind chill values as low as zero; blustery, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Lovell has a 30 percent chance of snow this afternoon, with a high near 35; breezy, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Cody can expect 1 to 2 inches of snow today, with a high near 33. 

Mostly cloudy this evening in Worland, then becoming mostly clear overnight, with a low around 1. There’s a 20 percent chance of snow in Lovell this evening, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 17. Cody has a 20 percent chance of snow this evening, then gradually becoming mostly clear overnight, with a low around 15; breezy, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

North Central:

Buffalo could see up to 3 inches of snow today, with a high near 29; breezy, with winds gusting as high as 21 mph. Sheridan can expect scattered snow showers today, with a high near 36; new snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Scattered snow showers in Ranchester today (less than half an inch possible), with a high near 34. 

There’s a 30 percent chance of snow in Buffalo this evening, then gradually clearing, with a low around 15. Scattered snow showers are expected tonight in Sheridan, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 9 and wind chill values as low as zero. Ranchester can expect scattered snow showers this evening, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 9; new snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Northeast:

Sundance has a chance of snow today, with a high near 32 and wind chill values as low as 18. There’s a 40 percent chance of snow today in Gillette, with a high near 32 and wind chill values as low as 20. Hulett has a slight chance of snow today, with a high near 37. 

There’s a 20 percent chance of snow this evening in Sundance, then gradually clearing overnight, with a low around 12 and wind chill values as low as 2. Gillette has a 20 percent chance of snow this evening, then gradually clearing, with a low around 14 and wind chill values as low as 4. Mostly cloudy this evening in Hulett, then gradually becoming mostly clear overnight, with a low around 14 and wind chill values as low as 7. 

Eastern Plains:

There’s a 20 percent chance of snow in Wheatland today, with a high near 40. Douglas has a 40 percent chance of snow, with a high near 34. There’s a 40 percent chance of snow today in Guernsey, otherwise partly sunny, with a high near 40. 

Mostly cloudy tonight in Wheatland, then gradually becoming mostly clear and breezy, with a low around 19. There’s a 40 percent chance of snow in Douglas overnight, with partly cloudy skies and a low around 9. Partly cloudy tonight in Guernsey, with a low around 18. 

Southeast:

Laramie has a 40% chance of snow today, with a high near 34. There’s a 40 percent chance of snow in Cheyenne this afternoon, with a high near 39. Pine Bluffs has a 30 percent chance of snow this afternoon, with a high near 37. 

There’s a 30 percent chance of snow this evening in Laramie, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 8 and wind chill values between -5 and zero; breezy, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Cheyenne has a 30 percent chance of snow this evening, otherwise partly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 15 and wind gusts as high as 30 mph. There’s a 40 percent chance of snow in Pine Bluffs tonight, then gradually clearing, with a low around 16; breezy, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

South Central:

Saratoga has a 40 percent chance of snow this afternoon, with a high near 26. Snow is likely in Rawlins today (less than half an inch possible), otherwise partly sunny, with a high near 26; breezy, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Snow is likely today in Wamsutter (less than half an inch expected), then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 22 and wind chill values as low as zero; windy, with gusts as high as 47 mph. 

Mostly cloudy this evening in Saratoga, then becoming mostly clear overnight, with a low around 1 and wind chill values between -5 and -10. Mostly clear in Rawlins tonight, with a low around 4 and wind chill values between -10 and zero; breezy, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Partly cloudy overnight in Wamsutter, with a low around 3 and wind chill values as low as -15; wind gusts as high as 26 mph will cause patchy blowing snow.

Be sure to check out the road conditions if you’re traveling today!

Latest from Don Day

Go to Top