Sales + Sponsorships Director
Cowboy State Daily (CSD) is looking for a self-motivated, creative, customer-centric media sales + sponsorship representative for digital and social media platforms.
The ideal candidate is:
- A sales and development leader who possesses a strong understanding and proven success in digital sales.
- A positive, driven sales performer who has a proven track record focused on initiating new business relationships in digital media to help solve marketing challenges and produce measurable results.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Create ongoing new business digital target account list primarily focused on small to medium sized businesses in Wyoming, with a particular focus on Southeastern Wyoming.
- Conduct weekly prospect research, calls, and meetings to initiate relationships with target accounts.
- Initiate, build and maintain relationships at multiple levels with target accounts.
- Navigate to decision maker, assess and uncover greatest needs and budget resources.
- Collaborate with internal teams to solve target account marketing needs with integrated mix of digital media assets.
- Create and deliver effective sponsorship presentations.
- Occasionally attend events as CSD representative for existing clients.
- Continually seek new sources of business growth.
- A degree in Advertising, Marketing, Radio/TV/Film or Digital Media preferred. High school diploma required.
- A minimum 1 year of digital sales experience is required.
- Prior radio or traditional media experience preferred.
- Superior communication, questioning, listening skills.
- Ability to anticipate next steps, identify problems and provide solutions.
- Strong team player.
- Candidates must work well independently.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Cowboy State Daily is always open to pitches for freelance news pieces and resumes from interested contributors. Please send your resume or story pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org.