Man Arrested After Casper Standoff Wanted In Stabbing Death Of Riverton Youth

The man Casper police arrested Wednesday after negotiating his surrender is the suspect in the fatal stabbing of a male juvenile last Saturday near Riverton. The Fremont County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Friday evening Alejandro Behan, 22, has been charged.

CM
Clair McFarland

August 30, 20254 min read

Fremont County Sheriff's Detective Wes Barry (second from right, in a hat) speaks with other investigators on the scene of a death investigation Saturday morning, Aug. 23, 2025, north of Riverton.
Fremont County Sheriff's Detective Wes Barry (second from right, in a hat) speaks with other investigators on the scene of a death investigation Saturday morning, Aug. 23, 2025, north of Riverton. (Clair McFarland, Cowboy State Daily)

The man Casper police arrested Wednesday after negotiating his surrender is the suspect in a fatal stabbing of a male juvenile that happened last Saturday north of Riverton, the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office reported Friday evening. 

Alejandro Behan, 22, was arrested Wednesday after surrendering to police following a short standoff in the area near Veteran’s Park off Second Street in Casper, four days after a teenage boy was found dead on Honor Farm Road north of Riverton on Aug. 23.   

Behan was charged Friday for the youth’s stabbing and is in custody at the Fremont County Detention Center, the Fremont County Sheriff’s Office said in a Friday statement. 

Behan was arrested by the Casper Police Department on an unrelated warrant, at FCSO’s request.

Saturday 

The Fremont County Dispatch Center received a 911 call at around 3:58 a.m. Aug. 23 indicating a male had been stabbed in the 100 Block of Honor Farm Road.

Sheriff’s deputies and officers from the Riverton Police Department responded to the scene and contacted a group of juveniles on the side of Honor Farm Road, says a Friday statement by the sheriffs office. 

One juvenile male was unconscious and had an apparent stab wound. Law enforcement and emergency medical personnel engaged in medical aid but their efforts were unsuccessful and the youth was pronounced dead at the scene.

Investigation revealed that a large group of males, who were familiar with each other, had been involved in a physical altercation resulting in the teen being fatally stabbed.

The suspect and several of the involved parties had already fled from the scene prior to the arrival of law enforcement. Some people remained on scene, including at least one person questioned while in investigative detention.

Casper police evacuated a business with apartments above late Wednesday afternoon, Aug. 27, 2025, to arrest a suspect. A woman who said she’s the suspect’s mother said she learned he was wanted on suspicion of homicide.
Casper police evacuated a business with apartments above late Wednesday afternoon, Aug. 27, 2025, to arrest a suspect. A woman who said she’s the suspect’s mother said she learned he was wanted on suspicion of homicide. (Courtesy Garrett Miskimins)

The Arrest

After Casper police evacuated two businesses late Wednesday afternoon and then negotiated the surrender of a man now identified as Behan on the second floor of the building, his mother told a Cowboy State Daily reporter at the scene was wanted for homicide.

A woman walking around the building identified herself as Robin Behan, the suspect’s mother.

She said her son’s name was Alejandro Behan and he had “gone back home” to Riverton for a visit “and it turns out he was wanted for homicide.”

She said she did not know anything about the alleged homicide and was unaware of the charge until that day.

“I thought he was wanted for probation, that’s why the cops were looking for him,” she said. “I got their phone number so I could tell him to call them. By that time the cops came, and a lot of them came.”

“I said, 'I don’t know what you did, but you need to wake up and go,'” she continued. “And I came out and that’s when all the cops were here and they asked me if he was there, and I told them, ‘Yes.'”

She said her son did not surrender and the that the officers “had to go in and get him,” but he did not resist them.

Robin Behan said her son was trying to turn his life around and they had been staying at a homeless shelter.

There was already a warrant for Behan’s arrest out of Fremont County before the stabbing incident.

Fremont County Deputy Attorney Jane Juve on July 3 asked for and received a warrant, on her petition to revoke Behan’s probation for a Dec. 4 domestic battery conviction.

Behan had been sentenced to one year of supervised probation after spending 59 days in jail during his prosecution in that case.

But he violated his probation, Juve alleged in her petition, by being arrested for a DUI on the Wind River Indian Reservation.

He was placed on probation through the tribal court, the petition says.

Watch on YouTube

Clair McFarland can be reached at clair@cowboystatedaily.com.

Authors

CM

Clair McFarland

Crime and Courts Reporter