Two Dogs Poisoned With Ibuprofen In Hot Dogs At Jackson Park; $5,500 Reward Offered

in News/Crime

***For All Things Wyoming, Sign-Up For Our Daily Newsletter***

By Ellen Fike, Cowboy State Daily

At least two dogs have been poisoned with ibuprofen hidden in hot dog slices in a Jackson park, according to the Jackson Police Department.

According to the department, an investigation began Friday morning after a call came in about a man walking his dog in May Park, on the east side of town, when he discovered his 3-year-old Golden Retriever consumed what appeared to be a hot dog which contained a 200-milligram ibuprofen tablet.

The dog was taken to a local veterinary clinic, where it was discovered it had actually consumed three ibuprofen.

Ibuprofen is toxic to dogs and can cause ulcers, kidney failure or even death.

The police walked through the park and discovered three more pieces of hot dog laced with ibuprofen tablets. Officers also canvassed other dog-friendly areas in Jackson in effort to prevent further incidents.

Around 11 a.m. Friday, the department announced that a second dog that was in May Park on Friday morning consumed pieces of a hot dog laced with ibuprofen.

Residents and visitors were recommended to not take their dogs to May Park.

PAWS of Jackson Hole, an animal welfare agency in the area, has offered a $5,500 reward for information leading to the arrest/prosecution of the person responsible.

No other evidence had been discovered outside of May Park as of Friday afternoon. Officers also reached out to local vet clinics and animal rescues to see if any other similar incidents occurred.

Numerous people contacted the department on Friday to provide donations to assist in identifying the person or people responsible, but Jackson police encouraged anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers for a potential reward.

***For All Things Wyoming, Sign-Up For Our Daily Newsletter***


Latest from News

0 $0.00
Go to Top