Wyoming’s all-Republican Executive Branch will be begin new terms in office Monday, starting with a swearing in ceremony followed by a series of events in Cheyenne
Gov. Mark Gordon, Secretary of State Chuck Gray, Superintendent of Public Instruction Megan Degenfelder, State Treasurer Curt Meier and State Auditor Kristi Racines were all elected in the November general election.
Gordon, Meier and Racines are beginning their second terms, while Gray and Degenfelder were elected to their first.
• Monday’s events start with an 8:30 a.m. prayer service at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church.
• At 10:30 a.m., the elected officials will be sworn in during a ceremony at the State Capitol. The swearing in can be watched live online.
• There will be a public reception held at the Capitol and Capitol Connector reception afterward at 11:30 a.m.
• In the evening is the traditional Inauguration Gala at Little America Resort starting at 7:30. Gordon and first lady Jennie Gordon will address guests at 8:30.
• Dancing will begin at 9 with a “Nashville surprise” teased by the Wyoming Inauguration Committee. By that point in the evening, the most burning question will be which of the statewide electeds has the best moves?