Don Day Wyoming Weather Forecast: Monday, April 24, 2023

It’s Monday, April 24 – and springtime in the Rockies means we’ve got a little bit of everything this week! Today will see some rain and snow showers in the west and south, with more precipitation overnight across the Cowboy State. Temperatures will turn colder on Tuesday, with a likelihood of high elevation snow showers and low elevation rain showers.

WC
Wendy Corr

April 24, 20238 min read

Daycap 4 24 23
Watch on YouTube

It’s Monday, April 24 – and springtime in the Rockies means we’ve got a little bit of everything this week! Today will see some rain and snow showers in the west and south, with more precipitation overnight across the Cowboy State. Temperatures will turn colder on Tuesday, with a likelihood of high elevation snow showers and low elevation rain showers.

Central:

Mostly sunny and breezy in Casper today, with a high near 61. Partly sunny today in Lander, with a high near 57. Mostly sunny and breezy today in Jeffrey City, with a high near 50 and 16 to 22 mph winds.

There’s a 20 percent chance of showers overnight in Casper, with a low around 38; breezy, with wind gusts as high as 23 mph. Lander has a 40 percent chance of showers overnight, with a low around 33. There’s a slight chance of rain and snow showers overnight near Jeffrey City, otherwise partly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 31 and 16 to 21 mph winds. 

Southwest:

Evanston has a chance of rain and snow showers today, with some thunder also possible; otherwise partly sunny, with a high near 43. There's a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon in Rock Springs, with a high near 54. Cokeville has a slight chance of snow showers this morning turning to a likelihood of rain showers in the afternoon, with some thunder also possible, and a high near 37. 

There’s a chance of rain showers and snow showers overnight in Evanston, with some thunder also possible, and a low around 24; new snow accumulation of less than one inch possible. Rock Springs has a chance of rain showers and snow showers overnight (less than a half inch of new snow possible), with some thunder also possible, and a low around 28. Rain showers with a chance of snow showers are expected overnight in Cokeville, with the possibility of thunder, and a low around 21; new snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Western Wyoming:

There’s a chance of rain and snow showers with some thunder also possible today in Afton, with a high near 45; new snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Snow showers are likely today in Pinedale, mixing with rain and the possibility of thunder this afternoon, with a high near 39; new snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. There’s a 60% chance of precipitation in La Barge today - a slight chance of rain and snow showers this morning, turning to rain with some thunder possible in the afternoon, otherwise partly sunny, with a high near 42. 

Afton has a chance of rain showers and snow showers overnight, with some thunder also possible, and a low around 26; new snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. There’s a 60% chance of rain and snow showers tonight in Pinedale (less than half an inch of new snow expected), with a low around 24; blustery, with wind gusts as high as 23 mph. Rain and snow showers are likely overnight in La Barge, with some thunder also possible, and a low around 22; new snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. 

Northwest:

There’s a slight chance of snow showers today in Dubois, turning to a chance of rain showers with the possibility of thunder; otherwise partly sunny, with a high near 50. Rain and snow showers are likely today in Jackson, with some thunder also possible, and a high near 47; new snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. There’s a chance of snow showers this morning in Yellowstone National Park, turning to a chance of rain showers with some thunder possible, and a high near 48. 

Dubois has a chance of rain showers with the possibility of thunder tonight, turning to a chance of snow showers, with a low around 31; new snow accumulation of less than one inch possible. Rain showers are likely tonight in Jackson, with the possibility of thunder, turning to a chance of snow showers later (less than half an inch possible), with a low around 27. Rain showers are likely tonight in Yellowstone, turning to snow later (less than one inch possible), with a low around 32.

Bighorn Basin:

Cody has a 50% chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible this afternoon, and a high near 58. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers this afternoon in Greybull, otherwise partly sunny, with a high near 67. Thermopolis has a 30 percent chance of showers,  this afternoon, otherwise partly sunny, with a high near 64. 

There’s a chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight in Cody, with a low around 38; new precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Greybull has a 40 percent chance of showers overnight, with a low around 41; breezy, with 15 to 20 mph winds. Showers are likely overnight in Thermopolis (new precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible), with a low around 39. 

North Central:

Mostly sunny today in Buffalo, with a high near 61. Partly sunny in Sheridan today, with a high near 61. Partly sunny today in Story, with a high near 57. 

There’s a chance of showers overnight in Buffalo, with a low around 37; breezy, with wind gusts as high as 24 mph. Sheridan has a 20 percent chance of rain tonight, with a low around 34. There’s a 30 percent chance of rain tonight in Story, with a low around 34. 

Northeast:

Mostly cloudy and breezy today in Gillette, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 61 and wind gusts as high as 21 mph. Mostly sunny and breezy in Newcastle, with a high near 59 and winds gusting as high as 20 mph. Mostly sunny today in Moorcroft, with a high near 62. 

There’s a 20 percent chance of showers overnight in Gillette, with a low around 40; windy, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Newcastle has a 40 percent chance of showers overnight, with a low around 40 and windy conditions, gusting as high as 36 mph. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers tonight in Moorcroft, with a low around 38; breezy, with wind gusts as high as 26 mph.

Eastern Plains:

Mostly sunny today in Wheatland, with some isolated showers after noon and a high near 64. Mostly sunny in Douglas today, with a high near 64. Mostly sunny today in Guernsey, with the possibility of some isolated showers in the afternoon and a high near 66. 

There’s a 40% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms overnight in Wheatland, with a low around 42. Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible in Douglas overnight, with a low around 38. Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible tonight in Guernsey, with a low around 41. 

Southeast:

Scattered rain and snow showers are possible today in Laramie, along with some thunder, otherwise partly sunny, with a high near 55. There’s a 30% chance of scattered showers this afternoon in Cheyenne, otherwise partly sunny, with a high near 58. Partly sunny today in Chugwater, with some scattered showers possible after noon, and a high near 60. 

There’s a 60% chance of precipitation overnight in Laramie - scattered rain showers with the possibility of thunder, turning to a likelihood of snow (less than a half inch possible), and a low around 33. Scattered showers and thunderstorms are expected overnight in Cheyenne, with a low around 35. Scattered showers and thunderstorms are likely in Chugwater tonight, with a low around 39. 

South Central:

Mostly sunny and breezy today in Rawlins, with a high near 53 and isolated showers possible after noon; breezy, with gusts as high as 30 mph. There’s a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon in Saratoga, with a high near 53. A slight chance of rain and snow showers between noon and 1pm, then a slight chance of rain showers after 1pm. Mostly sunny today in Hanna, with a slight chance of snow and rain this afternoon, and a high near 50; breezy, with wind gusts as high as 30 mph. 

Scattered rain showers will turn to a chance of snow overnight in Rawlins, with some thunder also possible, and a low around 32. Rain and snow showers are likely overnight in Saratoga, with some thunder also possible, and a low around 30; new snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. The Hanna area can expect scattered rain showers turning to a chance of snow showers overnight, with some thunder also possible, and a low around 32. 

Share this article

Authors

WC

Wendy Corr

Features Reporter