Don Day Wyoming Weather Forecast: Thursday, April 20, 2023

It’s Thursday, April 20 – and we can expect this cool and unsettled weather to continue through Saturday. Temperatures will remain below average for the rest of this week, with breezy conditions prevailing and regular chances for rain and snow showers.

WC
Wendy Corr

April 20, 20239 min read

Daycap 4 20 23
(Cowboy State Daily Staff)
Watch on YouTube

It’s Thursday, April 20 – and we can expect this cool and unsettled weather to continue through Saturday. Temperatures will remain below average for the rest of this week, with breezy conditions prevailing and regular chances for rain and snow showers. As we approach the end of April, on average, temperatures and precipitation should be close to normal.

Central:

Scattered rain and snow showers late this afternoon in Casper, otherwise partly sunny and windy, with a high near 44 and wind gusts as high as 37 mph. Lander can expect scattered snow showers today, otherwise partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 43 and wind gusts as high as 30 mph. There’s a chance of rain and snow showers this afternoon in Shoshoni (less than half an inch of new snow possible), otherwise partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 47 and winds gusting as high as 24 mph. 

Scattered snow showers overnight in Casper, with a low around 28; blustery, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Lander could see isolated snow showers tonight, otherwise partly cloudy and blustery, with a low around 22 and winds gusting as high as 25 mph. There’s a chance of rain and snow showers this evening in Shoshoni, otherwise partly cloudy and blustery, with a low around 25 and gusts as high as 23 mph. 

Southwest:

Mostly sunny and breezy today in Rock Springs, with a high near 38 and wind gusts as high as 33 mph. There’s a 30 percent chance of snow showers this morning in Evanston (new snow accumulation of less than half an inch possible), otherwise partly sunny, with a high near 29 and wind chill values as low as 1. Cokeville has a 40 percent chance of snow showers this morning (less than half an inch expected), then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 31; blustery, with wind gusts as high as 23 mph. 

Partly cloudy and blustery overnight in Rock Springs, with a low around 21 and winds gusting as high as 32 mph. Mostly cloudy in Evanston overnight, with a low around 14 and wind chill values as low as 3. Snow showers are likely overnight in Cokeville (less than half an inch possible), with a low around 9; breezy, with winds gusting as high as 22 mph. 

Western Wyoming:

Afton could see 1 to 2 inches of new snow today, otherwise partly sunny, with a high near 33. Mostly sunny and blustery today in Pinedale, with a high near 30 and winds gusting as high as 34 mph. There’s a 30 percent chance of snow showers this afternoon in Big Piney, otherwise mostly sunny, with a high near 31 and wind chill values as low as zero; blustery, with winds gusting as high as 29 mph.

Isolated snow showers are expected this evening in Afton, increasing to a 40% chance of precipitation overnight (less than a half inch of new snow possible), with a low around 16. There’s a 40 percent chance of snow showers overnight in Pinedale (less than half an inch of new snow possible), with a low around 10; blustery, with wind gusts as high as 33 mph. Increasing clouds overnight in Big Piney, with a low around 6; blustery, with winds gusting as high as 26 mph.

Northwest:

There’s a 30 percent chance of snow showers today in Dubois, otherwise mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 34 and wind gusts as high as 37 mph. Less than a half inch of new snow is possible in Jackson today, otherwise partly sunny, with a high near 36; breezy, with winds gusting as high as 21 mph. Snow showers are likely this afternoon in Yellowstone National Park (less than half an inch possible), otherwise partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 34 and wind gusts as high as 22 mph. 

There’s a slight chance of snow showers tonight in Dubois, otherwise partly cloudy and blustery, with a low around 20 and winds gusting as high as 36 mph. Jackson could see less than half an inch of new snow overnight, otherwise partly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 18 and wind gusts as high as 20 mph. Yellowstone could see less than half an inch of new snow tonight, with a low around 20; breezy, with winds gusting as high as 20 mph. 

Bighorn Basin:

Partly sunny in Thermopolis today, although there’s the possibility of less than half an inch of new snow; breezy, with gusts as high as 28 mph, and a high near 46. There’s a 40 percent chance of snow showers today in Cody (less than half an inch possible), with a high near 42; breezy, with winds gusting as high as 30 mph. Ten Sleep has a 50 percent chance of snow showers this morning (less than half an inch expected), otherwise mostly cloudy and windy, with a high near 42 and gusts as high as 40 mph. 

Thermopolis could see less than half an inch of new snow overnight, with a low around 27; blustery, with gusts as high as 23 mph. There’s a 20 percent chance of snow showers overnight in Cody, with a low around 25; blustery, with winds gusting as high as 29 mph. Mostly cloudy and windy tonight in Ten Sleep, with a low around 25 and gusts as high as 40 mph. 

North Central:

There’s a 40 percent chance of snow showers today in Buffalo (less than one inch possible), with a high near 37; windy, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Snow showers are likely this morning in Sheridan (less than half an inch expected), turning to rain in the afternoon, with a high near 39; windy, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Less than an inch of snow is expected today in Big Horn, with a high near 38; windy, with gusts as high as 46 mph. 

Buffalo has a 30 percent chance of snow showers tonight, with a low around 23; windy, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Rain and snow showers are likely overnight in Sheridan (less than half an inch of new snow possible), with a low around 21; windy, with gusts as high as 40 mph. There’s a 50 percent chance of snow showers tonight in Big Horn (less than half an inch of snow expected), with a low around 22; windy, with gusts as high as 39 mph. 

Northeast:

There’s a 40 percent chance of snow showers today in Gillette, with a high near 39 and wind chill values as low as 18; windy, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Newcastle has a 40 percent chance of snow showers today, with a high near 40 and wind chill values as low as 15; windy, with gusts as high as 46 mph. There’s a 50 percent chance of snow showers today in Hulett, with a high near 38 and wind chill values as low as 15; breezy, with wind gusts as high as 37 mph.

Gillette has a 20 percent chance of snow showers tonight, with a low around 24 and wind chill values as low as 11; windy, with gusts as high as 48 mph. There’s a 30 percent chance of snow showers overnight in Newcastle, with a low around 22 and wind chill values as low as 6; windy, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Hulett has a 50 percent chance of snow showers overnight, with a low around 21 and wind chill values as low as 9; blustery, with winds gusting as high as 36 mph.

Eastern Plains:

There’s a 40 percent chance of snow showers this morning in Douglas, otherwise partly sunny and windy, with a high near 46 and gusts as high as 40 mph. Wheatland has a 40 percent chance of snow showers this afternoon, otherwise partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 46 and wind gusts as high as 35 mph. There’s a 40 percent chance of snow showers this afternoon in Guernsey, otherwise partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 48 and wind gusts as high as 35 mph.

There’s a 20 percent chance of snow showers tonight in Douglas, with a low around 24; blustery, with wind gusts as high as 35 mph. Wheatland has a 30 percent chance of snow showers tonight, with a low around 27; blustery, with winds gusting as high as 30 mph. There’s a 20 percent chance of snow showers in Guernsey tonight, with a low around 26; blustery, with winds gusting as high as 30 mph. 

Southeast:

There’s a 30 percent chance of snow showers this afternoon in Laramie, otherwise partly sunny and windy, with a high near 36 and gusts as high as 40 mph. Cheyenne has a 20 percent chance of snow showers this afternoon, otherwise mostly sunny and windy, with a high near 43 and gusts as high as 40 mph. There’s a 30 percent chance of snow showers in Pine Bluffs this afternoon, otherwise mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 46 and wind gusts as high as 35 mph.

Laramie has a 30 percent chance of snow showers tonight, with a low around 21; blustery, with wind gusts as high as 30 mph. There’s a 20 percent chance of snow showers tonight in Cheyenne, otherwise partly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 24 and wind gusts as high as 30 mph. Pine Bluffs has a 20 percent chance of snow showers tonight, otherwise partly cloudy and blustery, with a low around 22 and winds gusting as high as 35 mph.

South Central:

Rawlins has a 40 percent chance of snow showers this morning, otherwise mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 37 and wind gusts as high as 35 mph. There’s a 30 percent chance of snow showers this morning in Saratoga, otherwise partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 35 and wind gusts as high as 30 mph. Mostly sunny and windy today in Wamsutter, with a high near 34 and gusts as high as 38 mph.

There’s a 20 percent chance of snow showers tonight in Rawlins, otherwise partly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 24 and wind gusts as high as 30 mph. Saratoga has a 20 percent chance of snow showers tonight, with a low around 21; blustery, with wind gusts as high as 30 mph. Mostly clear and blustery in Wamsutter overnight, with a low around 20 and wind gusts as high as 36 mph.

Share this article

Authors

WC

Wendy Corr

Features Reporter