Job Title: Industry Relations Specialist
Open Date: Immediate
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Rock Springs, Wyoming
The Sweetwater County Joint Travel and Tourism Board (SWCTTB) Industry Relations Specialist is based in Rock Springs, Wyoming for the purpose of executing initiatives defined by the Board of Directors and Executive Director specific to the enhancement of visitor and local business relations and operational standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador for all visitor-related services and the strategic executor of any pre-determined initiatives established by the Executive Director.
- Promote destination highlights to stakeholders, ensure adequate inventory of display materials, and ensure awareness of seasonal events and tourism products.
- Represents the SWCTTB to local committees/organizations, and acts as the liaison for interested community partners.
- Lead meetings with hospitality partners and local stakeholders and help to promote events and packages in the community.
- Work closely with event grant applicants and execute and enhance the grant program.
- Assist the Marketing Specialist in keeping the website’s community pages up to date.
- Collaborate with local stakeholders, special interest groups, community coalitions and event managers as it pertains to the seasonal and annual promotions of destination features.
- Build and maintain working relationships and be a liaison between the community and the SWCTTB.
- Train and educate frontline workers and local volunteers through the Certified Tourism Ambassador Program and share tourism resources in the community.
- The candidate will be passionate about Sweetwater County and the world-class tourism features in the area, be an ambassador of the SWCTTB’s values and mission and possess the following qualities:
- Previous experience with a Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) or Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) or relevant customer/visitor service experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Tourism, English, Hospitality Management, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build excitement in the community for destination highlights, features, and events.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in working with community members, local businesses, and hospitality partners to build and maintain working relationships.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment and manage multiple deadlines and tasks.
- Well organized and trustworthy with a high level of discretion.
- Ability and desire to travel for site visits, community information events and meetings with local officials as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Requires working in an office area with frequent interruptions and noise from telephones, voices, and office machines. Physical activities include climbing stairs, driving, standing, talking, hearing, seeing, sitting, lifting (up to 40 pounds) and bending. Considerable repetitive motion of hands and wrists as relates to the use of computer keyboards is possible.
The candidate must be based in Sweetwater County Wyoming and be able to commute around the county and state.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range | $45,000 to $49,000 (DOE)
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 1st.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as established to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. SWCTTB is an equal opportunity employer.