OPPORTUNITY: SOCIAL MEDIA DIRECTOR
Ideal candidate is located in, or willing to relocate to, Wyoming
*moving stipend available for the right candidate
We are Cowboy State Daily, the largest digital news organization in Wyoming and we are currently looking for a Wyoming-based Social Media Director to join our growing team. We believe the right candidate for this role would be someone who thinks strategically and has worked in the social space for 5+ years helping brands look for ways to connect the dots and deliver consistency across all digital and social channels. You are someone who understands platform value and nuances, is always on the lookout for updates, has their ear-to-the-ground on emerging technology and social opportunities, and approaches problems through a creative lens.
You also have some experience and/or interest in journalism and understand the inner workings of a newsroom to be able to work well in a collaborative environment with writers and editors. You will need to be able to spearhead Cowboy State Daily on how to implement their social strategy and handle the day-to-day posting, optimization, and community management where you would be implementing best practices across audience engagement and growth strategies in every comment, quote, tweet, and reply.
WHO YOU ARE
- At the core, you’re a social media enthusiast who understands how to translate data and consumer insights into an actionable and tactic-driven social strategy.
- You’re a leader and a true team player. You value the greater good of the team vs. any personal agenda.
- You’re a skilled writer in AP style who can synthesize information and create compelling headlines.
- You’ve spent a few years building on-platform communities and know what it means to proactively engage with those audiences in authentic and meaningful ways.
- You can have an excellent sense of judgment for whether the correct response to a comment or DM is a laugh, an answer from a pre-written response, an escalation of a request, or use of the ban hammer.
- You’re nimble and resourceful. You can easily transition from being in the clouds (concepting disruptive ideas) to the dirt (rolling up your sleeves and executing).
- You believe in the power of unbiased journalism and working towards the collective goals of the publication.
WHAT YOU’D DO
- Regularly analyze the state of the social media efforts across multiple channels through analytical tools.
- Work closely with the creative social media agency on content creation or studio/design needs.
- Apply substantial amounts of independent critical thinking. You’ll need to form the analyses, uncover trends, find content opportunities, use general tactics or insight and direction for creative optimization that can include design and/or copy.
- Ensure content is published to all social accounts on time and execute future publishing schedules as needed.
- Create bi-weekly social listening reports and act as an advocate for the audience in larger strategy conversations.
- Forecast growth projections, set clear KPI’s and benchmarks to hit.
- Manage the article lifecycle, including writing a compelling headline and title, sourcing relevant imagery, and publishing the articles to social media.
WHAT YOU’VE GOT
- An understanding of the broader marketing & communications mix, and the role of socials
- Experience implementing social, digital and/or integrated campaigns on behalf of national brands
- Fluency in content strategy, comms planning, social analytics, editorial or publishing background
- Minimum 5 years working in social media
- Strong writing/AP style & storytelling skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be a connective force amongst various disciplinary groups and with the client
- Existing design skills are a plus
- High level of communication skills and the ability to foster great working relationships
If you are interested to learn more, please apply to this post by sending your resume over to firstname.lastname@example.org